Documents Needed For Tax Appointments

  • All items from the Economic Assistance required documents list
  • ID and Social Security Cards for you and your spouse, if filing jointly
  • Bank account number and routing number for direct deposit
  • Agreements or court orders showing who can claim dependents if divorced or separated
  • Previous year’s tax return
  • All tax documents for you and your spouse, if filing jointly
  • Earned income: W-2, 1099-MISC
  • Retirement distributions; 1099-R, SSA-1099, RRB-1099, CSA-1099R
  • Investment income: 1099-INT, 1099- OID, 1099-DIV
  • Miscellaneous Income: 1099-G, W-2G, 1099-C, 1099-SA, alimony payments, taxable scholarships received, records of any other taxable income
  • Health coverage; 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C
  • Mortgage: Form 1098
  • Retirement: Form 5498
  • Education: Form 1098-T, Form 1098-E
  • Expense records: child care, business expenses, medical expenses, charitable contributions, disaster and theft losses, alimony payments, gambling losses


Print this list for your records.