Required Documents for Economic Assistance Programs
A household is defined as anyone living under your roof.
- Photo ID (Driver’s license or State ID)
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Proof of disability if disabled
- Proof of U.S. citizenship for all household members(U.S. birth certificate/ hospital birth record, U.S. passport, U.S. voter registration card, OWF award letter, U.S. military record, or other government documents that specify U.S. citizenship)
- Most recent utility bills (gas and electric) Non-Regulated utility customers will need to provide corresponding bills showing the electric portion amount and co-payment for non-electric balance.
- Landlord’s name, address & phone number (a lease is required for all new services)
- Proof of income:
HEAP/WCP/SCP/PIPP PROGRAMS/ALL OTHER ECONOMIC ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
30 day verification from ALL sources for ALL household members that are 18 years of age and older including, but not limited to: weekly/bi-weekly paystubs, social security/SSDI, VA or disability benefits, pensions, unemployment, TANF, utility allowance
12 month verification is needed for: self-employment and seasonal employment (teachers, construction workers, landscapers and etc.).
Most recent filed IRS 1040 is also required.
If the household income is below 30% of the federal poverty guidelines, you must may be required to provide further documentation to process your application.
Such documentation may include: letters of support (signed and dated with address and phone number of those individuals with specific details/amounts of assistance), child support received, gifts, foster care, adoption assistance, VA disability, senior employment, Ohio waiver program, income earned by dependent minors, tax refunds/rebates, military allowances, PRC, FEMA, proceeds from reverse mortgage, IRS Tax Transcripts.
- All Household members claiming zero income must be present and complete a self-declaration form.
- All zero income HOUSEHOLDS must provide an IRS tax transcript or verification of non-filing.
This can be done by:
- Phone: 1-800- 908-9946 (this method requires the customer to provide their Social Security Number, date of birth, street address, and zip code. Please allow 5 to 10 calendar days)
- In Writing
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Return and Income Verification Services (RAIVS) Team
- (RAIVS) Team
- PO Box 145500
- Stop 2800 F
- Cincinnati, Ohio 45250
- Fax #1-859-669-3592
- Visiting a local IRS Office
- Akron Office- 2 S. Main St., Akron, OH 44308
- Canton Office- 301 McKinley Ave. SW., Canton, OH 44702
- Mansfield Office- 180 N. Diamond St., Mansfield, OH 44902
The forms below can be accessed and may be required to process your application.