Out of County Medical

CAW/M Free Out-of-County Medical Transportation

This program provides free out-of-county medical transportation to seniors, people with disabilities and low-income (200% FPL) residents. Up to 6 round trips a year can be provided. Wheelchair transportation is available and riders are allowed to have someone travel with them for free.

Riders must enroll with the CAW/M transportation department by calling 330-264-8677, email transportation@cawm.org, or in person at 905 Pittsburgh Ave, Wooster (Open M-F, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)

Rides are arranged by CAW/M, and need to be done at least 72 hours in advance.

This program is funded by various grants from the Austin-Bailey Health and Wellness Foundation, the North Canton Medical Foundation and the Donald and Alice Noble Foundation.

Required document list for Out of County Medical Transportation ALSO USE THIS FOR CAW/M FREE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM

  • Photo ID (Driver’s license or State ID)
  • Social Security Cards for all household members
  • Proof of disability if disabled
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship for all household members (U.S. birth certificate/ hospital birth record, U.S. passport, U.S. voter registration card, OWF award letter, U.S. military record, or other government document that specifies U.S. citizen ship)
  • Proof of income for the past 30 days from ALL sources for ALL household members that are 18 years of age and older including, but not limited to: 30 days of paystubs, social security/SSDI, child support, VA or disability benefits, pensions, unemployment, TANF, utility allowance. Self-employment requires previous year tax return with all schedules AND current 30-day income record statements.
  • If anyone has been helping your household within the past 30 days, you MUST bring a letter signed and dated by those individuals stating what they have specifically done. It must include their address and phone number.
  • All Household members claiming zero income must be present and complete a self-declaration form.
  • All zero income HOUSEHOLDS must provide an IRS tax transcript or verification of non-filing. This can be done by:

Phone: 1-800-908-9949 if a tax return was filed OR
Fax- a 4506-T form if no return was filed to 1-859-669-3592
Online- http://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
In writing- IRS
Return and Income Verification Services
(RAIVS) Team
P.O. Box 145500
Stop 2800F
Cincinnati, Oh 45250